Executive Board Members 2021: Larry Henke, Maggie King, Dee Kohler, Michelle Abraira, Jenna Deal & Jessica Beckner Coaches: Sean Klingler, Mitchell Klingler & Isabelle King
Sponsorship Coordinator: Dee Kohler MHS School Liaison: Amy Kaminski
MHS Rowing, Inc, 74 Bulldog Blvd., Melbourne, FL 32901
Thank you for considering a Melbourne High School Rowing Club community partner sponsorship!
In forty-five years, MHS Rowing has grown from a small high school team to a large organization recognized as one of the top high school scholastic crew teams in the state of Florida. This status requires high school crew team rowers to maintain a 2.5 GPA, encouraged to attend study hall once a week, provide tutoring to fellow rowers, and encouraged to contribute individually 20 hrs./yr. to community causes. Causes such as keeping our Florida beaches clean, the Restore our Shores with the Brevard Zoo and assisting when possible all adaptive youth sports.
Funded solely by local donations and rower’s monthly dues for more than 45 years, MHS Rowing Club expanded to it’s Ballard Park site in Melbourne to include rowers from middle schools that are Melbourne High School feeder schools that don’t offer crew. To accomplish this feat, we are seeking the assistance of community partners willing to invest in our club here in Brevard County.
Our sponsors have enabled us to:
- Develop rowers at all levels – recreational and competitive – by building and improving their skills, confidence, fitness, initiative and a sense of teamwork.
- Expand programming that interacts parents with their teens in our year-round program culminating in the Florida State Championships in Sarasota at the U.S. Olympic-trial lake, Regionals, Nationals, and the Stotesbury Cup Championship in Philadelphia.
- Provide opportunities for teens with disabilities the opportunity to experience and compete in rowing on the Indian River Lagoon as a member of one of the top high school-age rowing teams in Florida.
- Assist in athletic scholarships to colleges and universities throughout the country for all of its current high school juniors and seniors.
Since the organization’s inception in 1977, MHS Rowing has served up to 100 rowers yearly. We take an active part in promoting our sponsors to our membership and to the broader community. Our Facebook page has an average of 300 followers and weekly engages approximately 250 followers with its engaging news each week. Our website- where we list our sponsors, community activities, scheduled events and expressions of gratitude-receives over 500 visitors each month.
Sponsors choosing higher levels of giving are rewarded with exposure via annual signage on the team’s compound, boats, regattas tents, practice jerseys, websites and emails where they are seen while we train and compete at multiple regattas in Florida and the Southeast. Your company logo could potentially be seen by tens of thousands of people over the course of a year!
The costs associated with providing the highest quality rowing programming to Brevard County youth cannot be met with registration fees and fundraising efforts alone. We rely on our community partners to help us meet and exceed the expectations of the young men and women learning the love of the spectacular sport of rowing at MHS Rowing.
For more information or sponsorship opportunities, please contact Sponsorship Coordinators Dee Kohler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you in advance for your support!
Team Sponsorship Packages
- Boathouse (see below) plus the following:
- Name sake of the Ballard rowing compound
- Launch (see below) plus the following:
- Namesake of a boat
- Blade (see below) plus the following:
- National race Team Sponsorship
- Eight (see below) plus the following:
- Prominent link placement on all league wide emails.
- Two tickets and recognition by event speaker at banquet.
- Bow (see below) plus the following:
- Company logo displayed on food tent (approx. 3’ x 3’)
- All benefit invitations included during “FALL” and “SPRING” seasons.
THE PACKAGES BELOW ARE FOR EITHER THE “FALL” OR “SPRING” SEASON:Bow ($600.00)
- Quad (see below) plus the following:
- Company logo on our race banner.
- Double (see below) plus the following:
- Company logo affixed to boat trailer (2”x3”)
- Name on a practice jersey
- An Active Link to your business website on our website’s front page.
Provides funds for a Mel Hi rower scholarship program, equipment, uniforms, etc.
Download the Sponsorship Information Sheet
Online form coming soon...